Longlife SRL-50 is engineered to protect the threads of sucker rod connections under severe operating conditions of high cyclic loading. SRL-50 is a high temperature, lithium complex EP grease with excellent low temperature properties. SRL-50 is a unique blend of petroleum base oils and synthetic fluids providing excellent resistance to oxidation at elevated temperatures with exceptional performance under extreme low temperature conditions. SRL-50 contains EP/anti-wear additives and rust and oxidation inhibitors that provide superior protection from thread galling in sucker rod connections.
Clean the connection prior to make up. Apply a thin coat of SRL-50 to the thread.
CAUTION: Do not lubricate the pin shoulder face or the coupling shoulder face or a loss of tightness can occur resulting in a connection failure.
- NLGI No. 2
- Color/texture – blue/smooth
- Unworked penetration – D-217 265 to 295
- Worked 60 penetration – D-217 265 to 295
- Oxidation stability – D-942 psi drop 2.5 @ 100 hr.
- Oil separation – D-1742, % loss 1.0
- Timken OK load – D-2509, lb 70
- Four-ball wear – D-2266, mm 0.45
- Four-ball weld point – D-2596, kgf, 315
- Dropping point – D-2265, 550°F (288°C)
- Temperature range: -65° to 356°F (-54° to 180°C)
Product Code – SRL50